Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Second Observation

At last Dr Basil appeared..
I've been waiting for him to come observe me since 6th of August.
Then waited again till 11 August, he didn't appear , then I waited again till 13 August .
TADA!!! He came.
Haha actually when he came I know I am ready.
Somehow I knew I'm ready no matter what happens...
Although he looked at my lesson plan and corrected my grammar errors , I told myself it's ok. (I know I am weak in grammar - and he cares)
But all I know is I am ready to start my class with him sitting there.

So I went to the class.
He went and sat at the back of the class. He sat right next to Prem Kumar, one of my tallest students.
I don't pay much attention to him.

I started the lesson by asking what they learned on Monday.
Then I tell them something new..
Today we are going to do something related sports.
We are going to talk about games - also a form of exercise.
So I pick one students and show 1.. 2 .,.. shum..(the idea of JUS)
Then I showed them another one . I showed scissor paper stone.
I asked them what else....They told me more.

Good.
Now I told them about a new game 'Buwan-buwan'.
A game played by children in Philippines.
It's a game similar to Permainan Galah Panjang..
And I explained " how you can play the game buwan -buwan in a simpler language."

Then I gave them the vocabulary exercise..
Then I gave them reading comprehension text.
Then I discussed the answers with them
Then I sum up the lesson by asking them questions (which what Dr.. Basil wants)

Tada.. lesson end. (Just 35 minutes)

Sigh....
The things the review was good. The lesson went well.
I am happy for the first time in my life.
For once I proved to Dr Basil, I can do it too.
NO doubt sometimes my language is bad, but I think I didn't make a lot of grammar errors in class.

I want to thank all the people who have supported me and gave me the courage to continue.
I am happy..I am bless... for once I feel I can do something too.
But that is not enough.
I want to do more.
I hope I can do a double period lesson plan too as good.

Only God knows...

2 comments:

Labyrinth said...

aahhh at last! A smile on your face...you must have done something right. Do you know what it was?

Jeneft Aw said...

congrats..c, i told u d, u can do it. believe in urself...